There are a few ways to for you to get an ITIN:
- You can file Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, with your federal income tax return.
- If following this method we will be responsible for preparing only the Form W7 and including that with that Federal return. You will have to mail in the Federal return and include all the original documentation needed for the ITIN processing (proof of identity and foreign status, etc).
- It is $150 for us to complete the W7.
- Utilize our Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA). Jessica Legan is now a certified acceptance agent and she can handle the ITIN process in full if you choose this route.
- The main benefit of using an acceptance agent is you do not have to send in your original documents (passport, etc) to the IRS. Instead Jessica will video-call with you and verify your identity via video chat. You will also have to mail your items (passport) to her so she can double check your identity. Even though you are still sending items in the mail, you will get them back within a week or two with this route rather than several months with option 1.
- It is $295 for an ITIN using the acceptance agent. If a family all needs ITIN numbers, there is a discount when we do several, so additional ITIN numbers are just $150.
Please contact Customer Support and let them know which option you would like to move forward with.